Mkango Resources Ltd. (TSX-V / AIM: MKA) is a Canadian listed mineral exploration and development company focused on rare earth elements (REE) and associated minerals in the Republic of Malawi, a country whose hospitable people have earned it a reputation as "the warm heart of Africa". It holds through its wholly owned subsidiary Lancaster Exploration Limited a 100% interest in two exclusive prospecting licenses in southern Malawi. The Corporation's corporate strategy is to further develop the Songwe Hill rare earth deposit and secure additional rare earth element and other mineral opportunities.
The Company's mission is to spearhead the development of mining in Malawi, to provide maximum shareholder value and to implement meaningful and successful social responsibility programs.
Company principles include:
- Targeted exploration and development with a strong focus on assessment of commercial implications and management of risk
- Focus on building long term and sustainable stakeholder relationships in Malawi and globally
- Cultivate in-house technical excellence coupled with support of cost effective and synergistic research and development programs
- Seek to become the partner of choice for exploration, research and project development focused on rare earth elements and the Republic of Malawi
- Empowerment of local and international staff through training and other initiatives, and fostering of a diverse workplace culture